Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event for handmade jewelry sellers (online shops)...

Question Event for handmade jewelry sellers (online shops)...

Hi!

I was looking for communities of handmade makers and I was referred to this one. I noticed that this is mostly about handmade jewelry (and the craft) .. and I was wondering if you sell on places like Etsy or have your own online shops too?

We're doing a road-trip + event meetups with handmade sellers .. especially Etsy sellers ... the events are free (scheduled for January 2016).. It's a 14-city event.

The event is all about optimizing your shop so you get relevant traffic through the marketplaces themselves and about things like trust factor + brand.

Just to be sure: this is not a promotional event trying to sell a product.. in fact, our app has nothing to do with Etsy SEO so far.. we're into social media but the events are all about Etsy SEO.

A lot of Etsy sellers and online selling experts (former handmade sellers) are joining us.

If you'd like to join / know more about these events, please feel free to check out https://around.io/roadtrip

Please feel free to ping me if you've got questions

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chandru View Post
    We're doing a road-trip + event meetups with handmade sellers .. especially Etsy sellers ... the events are free (scheduled for January 2016).. It's a 14-city event.
    All in the US, so quite limited really given how few US-based members we have. Bit of a giveaway - we spell jewellery, um, "jewellery".

Hey Peter

Thanks for the heads-up. Also, thanks for checking about the event.. I get your point. I'd be glad if the few U.S members here are able to make it to any of the events.

@ "jewellery": haha.. my bad... I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to hide the U.S part of it.. just assumed there'd be a lot of U.S members here.. *reminds myself not to assume things arbitrarily*.

Thanks again, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Bit of a giveaway - we spell jewellery, um, "jewellery".
    Being a speaker of Br. English I used to as well, until I started to make the stuff and use the word a lot in writing. Tagging the letters "ry" on to the word "jewel" suddenly struck me as quite neat. I'm letting the side down, I know.

It's terribly logical and we want no truck with that sort of thing

we want no truck with that sort of thing
    Surely you mean "lorry"?

Fortunately Google is bilingual, so you can use either jewelry or jewellery for a search.

Alan

I had to go and look things up on that - turns out "truck" as I was using it seems to be from the French "troquer", to barter - presumably from the Latin trocare.
    Truck as in vehicle seems to be from trochus, or iron hoop.

I can at least pass this on to a good friend in the states who makes and etsies
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I had to go and look things up on that - turns out "truck" as I was using it seems to be from the French "troquer", to barter - presumably from the Latin trocare.
    Truck as in vehicle seems to be from trochus, or iron hoop.
    No need for truculence... (Latin trux)
    Last edited by ajda; 18-12-2015 at 05:08 PM.

And nothing to do with truckle (trochlea).