Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bringing up the gold

Yes Alan, I use professional enamellers on my work, Alan Mudd and Keith Seldon did most. Here are some more photos.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8472 [/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8473 [/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8474 [/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	224a Bird of paradise signed.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	8475

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1a-Cornflower and Oats signed 1986.jpg   016- Sunbird and Miltonia orchids.jpg   033a- Mouse on wheat with butterfly and poppies.jpg  

So beautiful! The only problem is now I don't know which one to choose for my mantlepiece...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    So beautiful! The only problem is now I don't know which one to choose for my mantlepiece...

Alan
    Oh for a mantlepiece you can't beat a nice clock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030aa- RC.Butterfly clock,09,84.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	8476 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	056a-Mystery clock.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	8477

James

That settles it. I'll have to have one trio for my summer palace: the butterfly clock, with the cornflower/oats on one side and the mouse/poppies on the other - and another for my dacha: the dragonfly clock, and the two with birds. If you could send them in time for Christmas that'd be great.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    That settles it. I'll have to have one trio for my summer palace: the butterfly clock, with the cornflower/oats on one side and the mouse/poppies on the other - and another for my dacha: the dragonfly clock, and the two with birds. If you could send them in time for Christmas that'd be great.

Alan
    Sorry Alan, they are all sold.

Ah, disappointing. Truth is I probably couldn't afford even a butterfly's wing at present. But I shall continue to admire from afar - thanks for posting the pictures. My piece will follow here eventually, but it'll be rather more prosaic...

Alan

Oh dear...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ball bails.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	8483 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ball bails 2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	8485

I wish I'd taken a photo when it looked near perfect before the last little bit of soldering... but I had something of a meltdown and am going to have to start again from scratch with the ball. I can rescue the gold for reusing in other projects and I think I've learned enough to not to make the same mistakes again. All three pieces are designed to be strung on a fine chain - the ball in the centre with a bail on either side (the bails are made from tubing so have a hole through the middle). I shall post a proper, more revealing picture some day - for now I've chosen an angle on the ball that should give an impression but hide the worst...

This is for my neice who's a demon bowler for Warwickshire women's under-19s - to celebrate her 18th and a good last season (including annihilating another county team almost single handed with figures of 5 for 10, after which she was presented with the ball, mounted, as a trophy).

I'm living and learning - thanks, once again, for all the help and advice.

Alan