Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pricing... Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
    All true & good Dennis, but highly likely that the only person aware of the discount is the seller.
    Well as a boy Chris, I was an avid visitor to the Ideal home exhibitions, to watch gadgets demonstrated and feed my face on free snacks. One thing that drummed up the excitement was that the price was said to be specially reduced for the exhibition only. This prompted a sea of raised hands holding pound notes, or whatever.

I have seen the same thing many times since, or at least notices to that effect. Dennis.

Trade shows are abit different. Craft shows where the traffic is none the wiser to you or your website until they pay attention to your stall...your ideology is ok for bigger established brands but unfortunately nobody really has any idea of the existence of 99.9% of "craft businesses" prior to that initial sighting *mostly*.
    If everyone presumed lower prices at a fair than you normally sell at, I'd keep quiet & keep the price up.
    Last edited by Gemsetterchris; 19-12-2015 at 03:29 PM.

With websites the biggest issue is getting yourself found in the first place.
    Promoting on FB, twitter, pinterest and having an Etsy shop and using Google ads are all good ways to get your website out there.
    Plus word of mouth of course.
    But basically unless you somehow promote your website nobody is going to find it.
    Sadly most things these days are more about marketing than what you actually produce

only recently did I start using a formula (one of Peter's) for pricing. Oddly many things worked out within £5 of my previous pricing, so I suppose I was getting there. It is a worry hiking your prices, as we're in a very competitive market but worth it when you are getting paid a fair price in return for your work.