Thread: Preset regulators/ disposible tanks - Little Smith Torche Kit

Default Preset regulators/ disposible tanks - Little Smith Torche Kit

Hello,

3 questions for anyone who might have the answers

- Should I be using flashback arresters for my preset regulators/disposable tanks little smith torch kit? (I'm planning to use propane and oxygen)

- should i be using propane or acetylene? (is there such thing as a "safer" option? I work in a tiny apartment)

- Do the preset regulators only need to be replaced if I detect a leak? I guess what I'm asking is, can't I just continue being a big wuss and just keep using this tiny system instead of purchasing the big tanks and regulators?

I'm so scared of using this thing!!

Thanks a lot
    Lucy

Hi Lucy,

A very late reply I know, but I did a lengthy post on this exact topic with photos and a description some time ago.

Search on the forum under my name and you'll come across it. It should answer most ( or all ) of your questions as I too was baffled by the Smiths setup!

Also most people on here, including myself, use whats called an 'Oxycon'. Basically an oxygen generator machine instead of using oxygen tanks. Pure oxygen is extremely risky to use if you're not careful not to mention expensive.

Nick