Thread: had some leftover clay from the craft class last week...

Default had some leftover clay from the craft class last week...

so I made this.

bakers clay (salt, flour, water) with a nail polish finish. I had fun making it, and might try something like it, but a little more sophisticated, in pmc at some point.

mostly done with fingers, but used a drinking straw to make the scales. measures about 1 1/2" long.

Pretty, but not very durable. Torch fire that and it will turn into gold. It's called alchemy. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Pretty, but not very durable. Torch fire that and it will turn into gold. It's called alchemy. Dennis.
    Not everyone has the Midas touch like you, Dennis - it might turn into a biscuit... though a pretty one, as you say - nice shape and movement in that fish.
    Alan

more lasting than you'ld think, actually! It's baked, and ends up being porcelain like. I have ornaments on my tree that are over 20 years old, despite being tossed around loose in boxes. just don't drop them on a hard floor, they'll break.

alchemy. torch-fire it, and it might turn into a lump of coal! (hey, its christmas and there are stockings to fill...)