Hello wise ones,

As I've introduced myself before, I am a trainee who has had around 8 months experience...so my knowledge is rather limited, so I am here to ask two things that are my new itches :

I've recently seen a "New" line of finger prints in Silver heartsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	fp.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	8433

I get how to do everything except THE thing....How do I make a finger print in the silver ?

Also, one thing that I am really stumped over is finding a book that explains how to capture very good photos of my bits I make. I have taken a few nice pics but having a book that explains things in detail is something I just can't seem to find.

I only really want basics like how to capture a sparkle in a Diamond or which colour background brings out which stones/metals the best. I have read somewhere that photographing on a Yellow background is the best when photographing Emeralds, but I'd just like a book that explains these things without trying to convince me that I need to spend thousands and I need to really hire a professional...Afterall, I'm only turning out basic practise pieces.

Many thanks for reading this