Thread: Weldered/soldered chainmaille 4-1HP: need help!

Default Weldered/soldered chainmaille 4-1HP: need help!

Good day,

I hope there is someone who can help me out. I am looking for someone who can weldered/soldered chainmaille in 4-1 half persian design. Length must be 28 cm, width of links 14 mm. On both sides a larger ring attached.
    Color: silver and gold plated.

thx Carla
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10984973_390276517821412_954610829_n.jpg  

If it's welded or soldered, in theory it ceases to be maille, the whole point of which is that it's fundamentally strong enough not to need permanently closed joins.

I can do it without any difficulty, in both silver and platable metals (you can't solder pre-plated rings), but the cost is prohibitive due to the time it takes to produce. I guess someone with a laser system could do it a lot faster though.

Not much of an expert on mail/maille, admittedly - but I've definitely seen (full size) rivetted mail and I'm pretty sure I've seen welded in older pieces, but those weren't jewellery scale.

PUK would do it too, but I can't say lasering that much thrills me.

So Peter or George....it need to be done: welder or solder. In stainless steel. Plating needs to be done after welding. Can you do the job?

Sorry Carla - not for me. I'm afraid the cost would also be prohibitive in terms of time versus material cost.