Thread: Silver art clay paste advice

Default Silver art clay paste advice

I don't do much silver clay work and try to avoid where possible as I don't enjoy working with it, but I have about 20 orders for Christmas for jobs where I need to use the art clay, I need to join two discs together, butting up to each other side by side, I usually fire the two pieces then just solder them together, I was wondering could I use the silver art clay paste to join the two dried discs then fire them? Just thinking it might be a better job as the silver solder is a different colour and is prone to firestain. Hopefully one of the silver clay experts on here can give me the answers before I purchase it.

I'm no expert on this but there seems to be a version of pmc made for exactly this purpose - Clay Bond Plus No-Solder Bond - try googling it for info.
    Alan

I stick stuff together with paste all the time - I just grind up dried clay and mix with water - you need to leave it to soak in for an hour or so to get a nice consistency. I tend to be joining things on top of another though, rather than side by side, but I would imagine providing you used a thick paste (not a watery one) then it should do the trick fine.

Cheers both, I'll try the art clay paste on cooksons site