Thread: Sales

Default Sales

Hi everyone,
    Just curious...For those who sell in galleries, how many galleries do you stock and what are your average sales per month? I stock 6 I stock 6 galleries. One in particular used to have good sales but seems to have slowed quite a bit in the last year (one sale over the past 2 months). Then again, looking at my stock in that gallery, I have a few pendants but mostly rings which are more difficult to sell as one off pieces as they won't fit everyone. So I'm wondering how many sales you folk would expect to have each month, and reasons why sales slow etc.
    As an aside, I have had a few problems with this particular gallery not informing me of sales, not paying, and then also making up sales because they have lost records (luckily I keep very good records). So I have lost faith in this gallery and debating whether I should continue or take my jewellery elsewhere. Any thoughts appreciated! Regards, Karoline

Retrieve your stock Karolina. You are not a charity for the undeserving.
    Welcome back BTW Dennis.

Thanks Dennis...I have been lurking around the forum but very busy so no posts! And yes taking my stock out of the gallery us my gut feeling....

I only sell in two and it is a source of frustration sometimes. I send clearly coded, fully informed stock lists, and label each piece with its code. Sometimes payments come through with no info, sometimes I have to chase payments, sometimes info is not correct. I help once a month in one of them so can keep an eye on stock/switch it over/clean it as necessary which is handy. There seems to be no rhyme or reason though, in one I sell maybe 1-2 pieces a month, in the other it varies, for example in August I sold 18 pieces, in October, none. If you don't feel it's right, as Dennis said, take it out, for definite

I don't think galleries are as good as they once were. I have 4 at the moment but sales are very slow. Everyone's buying online these days.