Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition December 2015 - Christmas

Default Theme Competition December 2015 - Christmas

Hello Everyone,

December has arrived, so it's time for the run up to Christmas to begin!

We want to see your festive pieces this month, so the theme for this forum competition is CHRISTMAS.

The winner will get a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree - submit your design on this thread by midnight, 31st December to enter.

Get creating, making and entering!

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions:

The closing date for the competition will be at midnight GMT 31.12.15.

The judging will take place on 04.01.16. The following criteria are used to determine the winner: design, the technique used and the overall finish of the piece. The Cooksongold judging panel will make the final decision.

The winner will be announced and notified via the forum by 08.01.16. The winner must redeem their shopping spree (up to the value of £100 excluding VAT) using their own Cooksongold account and within 2 months of receiving their winner notification email.

In the case of the winner's shopping spree exceeding the value of £100 (excluding VAT), the winner is liable to pay for any amount over the value of £100.

The competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

To enter the competition, simply comment on the relevant forum thread with a photo of your themed design. No correspondence will be entered into.

All designs submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Cooksongold reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification if necessary.

Cooksongold reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.

In submitting your design, you give your permission for Cooksongold to upload your design to Instagram and Pinterest if it is chosen as the winner, and for it to be included in any other marketing or any other promotional material connected with this draw. Copyright for all images submitted for this draw remains with the respective entrants.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules.

Cooksongold reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and to cancel or amend the competition if for any reason we believe it cannot be conducted fairly or in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Imagery is not representative of the exact prize, and is for marketing purposes only. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals. Please note that competitions and promotions featured on this page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

You are providing your information to: Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, United Kingdom.

The information you provide will only be passed to external partners e.g. couriers to enable the awarding of prizes.

No purchase necessary. There is no cash alternative.

These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.

Hi everyone,

Our themed competition for December has now been running for about a week, and we are excited to receive your 'Christmas' themed entries.

Don't forget to enter - you could be in with a chance of winning a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree!

Good luck!

I'll start it off with a silver snowflake bangle I made.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	8419Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	8420

I'd just like to say I've been peer pressured into entering this competition by the other two I work with �� I don't usually like showing my work but I thought I'd make something fun and came up with this wide concaved silver band with snowflakes stamped into it and a bit of a hammered finish to give a snowy background for the two spinning Center rings that have a tiny snowman with rose gold carrot nose and scarf and an oxidised hat, and a Christmas tree with gold baubles. Well that's my first post, go easy on me it is Christmas after all. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	53 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	8441Click image for larger version. 

Views:	54 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	8442

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by mikethejeweller View Post
    I'll start it off with a silver snowflake bangle I made.
    that is really lovely Mike

here is my contribution - inspired by 'We Three Kings' each ring represents a Crown for Caspar, Balthazar and Melchoir.

Attachment 8445

The Amethyst is a double domed cabochon (or lentil, as I think I understand). I have flush set the 1.5mm amethysts. I curved the mount to create the illusion of a crown.

The middle crown ring is plain silver with piercing work and use of the saw blade to create the neat line

The ring on the right is a moonstone. there are 6 white 1mm cz and 6 1.1mm blue synthetic sapphires that were grain set, but to give a specific pattern when filed back. The top part of the 'crown' has been pierced and drilled, then carefully set around the stone to keep it in place.
    Last edited by Wallace; 12-12-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Beautiful entries both - I think the bar is set high for December...
    Alan

Glad I'm not a judge. Dennis.

I think I might lower the bar a bit with my very first attempt at Lost Wax Casting at a jewellery course I took last month in Kegworth. This little guy is only about 15mm tall and was cast with Argentium silver. We worked with several different types of wax and had to produce something quickly from each one in order to get the wax casting process started on time, I probably only spent about 15 minutes creating this one. The course was a lot of fun though and opened the doors for all sorts of new ideas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowman1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	8446

Ha Ha, but he's unique. You get a tremendous high from attending a good course. Dennis.

I seriously love that little snow man!