Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition January 2016 - New and Fresh

Default Theme Competition January 2016 - New and Fresh

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to 2016!

It's a new year so it's time for a new forum competition - and to start off 2016, we want to see your NEW AND FRESH themed pieces.

Whether your design is made using a new technique you recently mastered, or if your jewellery making has been inspired by a fresh start in the new year - it's up to you how you interpret this month's theme!

The winner will get a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree - submit your design on this thread by midnight, 31st January to enter.

Get creating, making and entering!

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions:

The closing date for the competition will be at midnight GMT 31.01.16.

The judging will take place on 01.02.16. The following criteria are used to determine the winner: design, the technique used and the overall finish of the piece. The Cooksongold judging panel will make the final decision.

The winner will be announced and notified via the forum by 05.02.16. The winner must redeem their shopping spree (up to the value of £100 excluding VAT) using their own Cooksongold account and within 2 months of receiving their winner notification email.

In the case of the winner's shopping spree exceeding the value of £100 (excluding VAT), the winner is liable to pay for any amount over the value of £100.

The competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

To enter the competition, simply comment on the relevant forum thread with a photo of your themed design. No correspondence will be entered into.

All designs submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Cooksongold reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification if necessary.

Cooksongold reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.

In submitting your design, you give your permission for it to be included in any marketing or any other promotional material connected with this draw, and for Cooksongold to upload your design to Instagram and Pinterest if it is chosen as the winner. Copyright for all images submitted for this draw remains with the respective entrants.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules.

Cooksongold reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and to cancel or amend the competition if for any reason we believe it cannot be conducted fairly or in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Imagery associated with this competition is not representative of the exact prize, and is for marketing purposes only. Cookson Precious Metals Ltd reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals Ltd. Please note that competitions and promotions featured on this page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

You are providing your information to: Cookson Precious Metals Ltd, 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, United Kingdom.

The information you provide will only be passed to external partners e.g. couriers to enable the awarding of prizes.

No purchase necessary. There is no cash alternative.

These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.

Ok I will start. I've never made cufflinks, never tried mixing copper and silver and certainly never tried to solder copper...
    All new to me
    These are for me, I'm pretty pleased with them.

Very nice Sam! I love mixing metals

Ok so this was so new I had to buy a bigger torch as my Sievert and I couldn't manage it.
    Never made anything this big before and had to get an Oxy torch which is brilliant but did take a bit of getting used to.
    Never made or used rope edging before either and found that quite fiddly.
    37mm high, 1.2mm thick and 7" long sterling silver with Candeleria turquoise stones, a horses tooth and horsehair braid made for an American indian friend with a red hawk tail emblem as thats her spirit animal.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napecufffront.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	8563

Name:	napecuffside.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	8564

Name:	napecuffside1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	8565

Name:	napecuffback.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	8566

What with knots, rope and cable , the New Year is taking on a distinctly naval tone. Glad your new torch is working for you Sara, Dennis.

Hi everyone,

Our January themed competition has now been up and running for a week, we are excited to see the entries that you have got in store for us!

Don't forget to enter - you could be in with a chance of winning a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree!

Good luck

Hi everyone,

Our January themed competition has now been up and running for a week, we are excited to see the entries that you have got in store for us!

Don't forget to enter - you could be in with a chance of winning a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree!

Good luck

Making silver beads is new to me. Have always wanted to make a lot of them so I did!

Name:	P1090182.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	8581

Name:	IMG_3826.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	8584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3839.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	8585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3846.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	8586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3836-2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	8587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3832.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	8588Very nice Theresa, that looks like loads of work!!

This is my entry, a completely new design, done with pierced hearts, for simplicity. This is a prototype for a new design, which has interchangeable briolette and top bead......hopefully these images show that. I have some of work in progress pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them, though there will be a few tweaks to improve the finished job learned from making this

It certainly was Jill, but thoroughly enjoyable when not under pressure to complete by a deadline.
    Your piercing is very nice. I laughed when you said 'for simplicity'

Fascinating. I ran a finger powered slide show several times to watch it working. Dennis.