Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition December 2015 - Christmas

Some really lovely entries......love seeing your ventures in to a new technique Sandra

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjones View Post
    I'd just like to say I've been peer pressured into entering this competition by the other two I work with �� I don't usually like showing my work but I thought I'd make something fun and came up with this wide concaved silver band with snowflakes stamped into it and a bit of a hammered finish to give a snowy background for the two spinning Center rings that have a tiny snowman with rose gold carrot nose and scarf and an oxidised hat, and a Christmas tree with gold baubles. Well that's my first post, go easy on me it is Christmas after all.
    what fun. I didn't see this one earlier.

great you have explored another creative technique Sandra

Thank you Wallace, yes just a bit of fun really, and believe it or not it sold within two days, so that made me happy ��

Beautiful work wallace
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    that is really lovely Mike

here is my contribution - inspired by 'We Three Kings' each ring represents a Crown for Caspar, Balthazar and Melchoir.

Attachment 8445

The Amethyst is a double domed cabochon (or lentil, as I think I understand). I have flush set the 1.5mm amethysts. I curved the mount to create the illusion of a crown.

The middle crown ring is plain silver with piercing work and use of the saw blade to create the neat line

The ring on the right is a moonstone. there are 6 white 1mm cz and 6 1.1mm blue synthetic sapphires that were grain set, but to give a specific pattern when filed back. The top part of the 'crown' has been pierced and drilled, then carefully set around the stone to keep it in place.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjones View Post
    Thank you Wallace, yes just a bit of fun really, and believe it or not it sold within two days, so that made me happy ��
    . Win/win happy sale. Fab when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Beautiful work wallace
    thank you very much Theresa

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0239.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	8460

Here is my entry, a recent commission, now delivered to it's new owner!!

A Robin brooch in sterling silver and a rose gold breast.....all my findings are handmade and he is hand textured using a variety of burrs.

he is absolutely beautiful!

Was working on this abstract form-based necklace (was actually going to be a bracelet charm) when I realized how much it resembled a snowflake of sorts.

2 3mm milky aquamarines and 2 3mm aquamarines in sterling silver. Unfortunately the contrast between the milky/clear didn't show up as well as intended and the saturation is a little wonky in the second one since I'm not all that great with photoshop!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7873sm.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	8461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7893sm.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	8462
    - Emily

We used to have a game using this shape, only ours was brass. I think it was called "Jacks", you had to have 10 jacks and throw them at a wall at ground level and bounce a small rubber ball and pick up in one hand as many of the 10 jacks that you could. That was a trip down memory lane!!!!!!!