Thread: PMC medalion

Default PMC medalion

made from wax, then a mould made of than, then done in PMC. I gave it a sort of "wood grain" texture, and used a wire brush to polish it.

Torched the heck out of it, as its fairly large.
    (and bonus! didn't burn the place down. )

The people across the road from me must wonder what that blue flame is all about. Those on the upper floors can probably see in my kitchen window.

I guess that is from an impression of the original, is it?

I did the original in wax. started out as a flat disk, then used fingers, nut pick, and some old dentist tools. made a mould of it using silicone. the pressed the PMC into the mould. I don't draw well, so I start out with some vague idea in my head that takes shape as I work. This is far from what I thought I would make when I began. I made some lines in the wax to divide it into same sized quarters, and then did my best to make them all the same. kinda worked...

Looks well that. I love original handmade one off things. Nice piece

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Looks like a great result. My own homemade silver-clay experiment went seriously pear-shaped earlier on today. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I can grind up the ash and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by more534 View Post
    I did the original in wax. started out as a flat disk, then used fingers, nut pick, and some old dentist tools. made a mould of it using silicone. the pressed the PMC into the mould. I don't draw well, so I start out with some vague idea in my head that takes shape as I work. This is far from what I thought I would make when I began. I made some lines in the wax to divide it into same sized quarters, and then did my best to make them all the same. kinda worked...
    Stout effort for a wax carving. Congratulations. Dennis.