Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Workshop flooring

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    Carpet....
    ETA: Dots were needed to make the minimum ten character post. Why does a post need to be at least ten characters?
    Because...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Thanks everyone for the responses so far - I think i may have to lay some sheet metal in stratgic areas

It depends how messy you are going to be. I set stones, solder, cut and various other messy tasks, not using molten anything though on very expensive carpet. I worked for 20 years for a flooring company doing "take-offs" from plans for commercial properties, and of course domestic so was able to get a HUGE discount, very pale french mustard colour throughout the house (before I got a black labrador) so everything from puppy to adult has been spilt and dropped on it and it comes up after a quick scrub looking great. Not tried burning it hahahaha.

I'm thinking of having mine inclined and teflon coated, leading to a small central collecting vessel

Red floor tiles in my conservatory.

Lamiate. Now I can find everything very easily
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I have carpet because that is what was there when I bought the house, can be a problem to find little bits that escape the bench from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I have carpet because that is what was there when I bought the house, can be a problem to find little bits that escape the bench from time to time
    Yes, except when something you've just soldered drops on the carpet and you get a nice little fire to light your way to it.

My original plan was to work in our quarry tiled dining room... But for social reasons (aka never seeing the partner again...) I am in the other half's kiln formed glass studio... Thankfully on concrete flooring with light grey garage floor paint...

My workspace is not amenable to a skin so I am for ever dropping things... And struggle to find them... Even on a pale grey floor...

I. Want that sloping floor turning down to a central collection point!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

In my new house we have red ceramic tiles, I don't like them actually but they are brilliant for finding dropped silver and stones I have to say so am undecided now whether to change them !