Thread: Anyone know where I can find 9ct Gold Charm Carriers?

Default Anyone know where I can find 9ct Gold Charm Carriers?

I've been looking for some 9ct charm carriers similar to this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHARM-CARR...-/231665357063

I want to make some charms that are fit a charm on a pandora bracelet. I cannot for the life of me find any in 9ct gold. Does anyone know of any suppliers that sell these in gold? Or something similar?

Cheers

You could make some pretty easily by attaching a little jumping to a small length of gold tube?

Quote Originally Posted by marna View Post
    You could make some pretty easily by attaching a little jumping to a small length of gold tube?
    I agree. Cooksons have the tubes and jump rings. Solder is cheapest bought as a short length of wire. You would save £££ and could then afford a basic tube cutting jig like this:

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...prcode-999-596, or even a better one like this:

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...prcode-999-597. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by marna View Post
    I thought about doing that then had a look for rose gold tube & couldn't find any either.

Do you know of a supplier? Cooks only has yellow & white.

Or do it in silver as a master and get it cast, depending on how many you need.

I make these for various customers all the time. If you're interested, drop me a private message

I have a cheaper version of the more expensive tube cutting jig, the one I have has a "V" cut out on the slider (I should say cut into the block at the end of the slider) which makes the tube too long for setting stones which is what I bought it for. I have made a "hood" to go over the "V" bit and it works ok for me now.
    Last edited by Patstone; 26-11-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Or do it in silver as a master and get it cast, depending on how many you need.
    This is what I ended up doing, as someone asked for one of my charms on a pandora type fitting. Made it from joint tube and a jump ring, then did a mould just in case anyone ever asked me for one again. They haven't but sod's law says if I hadn't done the mould I'd have been asked for another!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mini-bee-pandora-charm.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	8374