Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 hour wonders

Default 1 hour wonders

so in an attempt to learn an assortment of things, in between projects ive decided to challenge myself to make something in an hour from the scrap I have left from the other stuff I'm doing.
    today I was woken up by an owl... so heres my.. urm... thing! I suppose its a pendant but god knows who would wear it! its abstract but I came in at 43 minutes (not taking pickling time into account) and its my first (poor) attempt at setting stones.
    I think hes kind of cute in a rough primitive sort of way.
    obviously this guy and future 1h wonders are going to be pretty naff but I had fun making it.

Owl jewellery. It might start a craze, although I don't think owls normally wear jewellery. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Owl jewellery. It might start a craze, although I don't think owls normally wear jewellery. Dennis.

Owls have good eyesight - you'd need a blind owl!!

Ok I'm being harsh, 1 hour and two stones set is pretty good in my book before anything else. Anything in an hour is good in my book. I've almost picked up a tool and its already past an hour!

I thought it looked a bit like a cat. Tell some cat-people its a cat and it'll sell.

One hour project - a great idea, I love it, but don't expect much from me on that one.

Aha! Just had a thought ... I didn't time it but it was well under an hour..

Guys I know it's a bit (lot) crap, I think that's why I like it.
    Anyone else fancy taking up the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by sam.k View Post
    Guys I know it's a bit (lot) crap, I think that's why I like it.
    Anyone else fancy taking up the challenge?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22712843140_56fa9a710a_c.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	8334

I made this horse-shoe charm last night / this morning before work.

I pulled a scrap of braided 0.3mm wire, formed it into a horseshoe, found a jump-ring that would fit nicely with the scale of the piece & soldered; pickled overnight (it's old, cold and dilute), burnished it with a wire brush; found a 'spare' jumpring and fitted that.

Braiding the wire might take an hour normally, but this is just a tiny off-cut (from my re-cycle pile), so the entire piece is well under an hour.

oh, I'll play while my morrocan-style lamb is in the oven.
    [IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2n0snko.jpg[

some sterling wire, fake pearls and tourquoise, and a dichroic glass bead that's been kicking around in my stash for a while. Parts of the wire are hammered, and I did a quick hook for a clasp.

why do all my photos get turned around? that's not how I downloaded it! I swear!!!

timeline, under 20 minutes. It's handy to have all my workshop in a corner of my kitchen. I cna do two things at once.
    Last edited by more534; 11-11-2015 at 12:36 AM. Reason: rhetorical question

I take it you're an ace cook too?

just an enthusiast. mostly I like FOOD.
    But I am a baker. I just started up a new bakery: The Divine Shortbread Cookie Company! website will be up by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by more534 View Post
    just an enthusiast. mostly I like FOOD.
    But I am a baker...
    Not a Master Baker then?!