Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brooch Commission.

Quote Originally Posted by FloWolF View Post
    ... only to find Cookson are this week offering free postage on £25+ orders, as well as 10% off silver bullion prices! - This happens to me about every 3rd order
    That's ok, Silver bullion prices have fallen 11.6% since mid-day 28/10 tho' you would have had to be unlucky to nail it on the spike...

I'm not sure how closely Cookies prices track, but time the bottom right and you'll at least gain the bullion offer. I wonder if Cookies were just clearing the shelves on the back of a trader's upper tramline kiss?

OK, so I have made some progress when I've had the time (I'll post some more photos when I've gotten further), and my needle drill idea worked, apart from the pin vices I have aren't good enough to hold the tiny diameter needle 'drills' on-centre, so currently I'm waiting on delivery of these 2.34mm shanked micro-drills:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400950208588

Hopefully this will get me a bit further along, but what I've come up with from my own milled sheet so far, may become just a test/practice piece and I may end up placing yet another order from Cookson for the final piece - I remain hopeful either way though!

Be well folks,