Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallmarking Queries

Best to check with them how the office you use how they prefer items packaged (and how to minimise charging for this too).....it varies!! But they really are very helpful if you call

Yes , I do too. I think it says markwith a marker but I use a pencil usually for laser marks, if you are striking your own mark then that will be where they follow on. If it's something more complicated, on the notes I give them options or tell them to mark in the best place

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Best to check with them how the office you use how they prefer items packaged (and how to minimise charging for this too).....it varies!! But they really are very helpful if you call
    She's using my office so that's why I was giving her a few pointers for all the fuss about charging for separate packets I got my last lot back packaged more than I'd sent them which was good of them as some were finished!

No: 5 on FAQs London Assay Office
    Can I apply my sponsor's mark to items that do not need hallmarking?
    Yes. You can apply your sponsor's mark to any items that you make or sell that do not already have a hallmark

I checked about the sponsors mark. It's fine to apply this to pieces at home that are exempt by weight, as long as it isn't stamped near any other mark that may already be on the piece

Hi Dave, or someone else maybe ...

I've just added a touch of 24ct accent gold to this fine silver pendant that has already been hallmarked before I added it ... do I need to get it re-hallmarked? Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Owl Gold © Elizabeth Shewan - Copy.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	8950

Hi Liz, Edinburgh tell me that it's no more than plating when I send in keum boo so only gets a silver mark so if it's already hallmarked as silver it's fine

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM/LAO View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    If you have any hallmarking related problems/queries/or questions I'll be more than happy to help.
    Best
    Dave
    Hello! Dave.

How is it possible to check the purity of gold article filled with any other metal from inside (without spoiling the article) ?
    Filled with any other metal means that it has very thick layer of gold outer.

Jasdir.
    Jewelry for today's world,
    Whereby, style following the pattern of traditional world !

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hi Liz, Edinburgh tell me that it's no more than plating when I send in keum boo so only gets a silver mark so if it's already hallmarked as silver it's fine
    Thanks so much!