Thread: Colour of the season / year

Default Colour of the season / year

Quite briefly, do you give a hoot? Are we all really subtely influenced in a cascade from the fashion leaders to the fashion (I count myself here) bottom-feeders?

If you don't know what I'm talking about (you can join me) see Link

Do you lead or follow, keen or ambivalent - or anything in between - or simply 'count me out, I don't care'?

Just interested

I'm afraid I gave up reading after the first line: Colors this season transport us to a happier, sunnier place where we feel free to express a wittier version of our real selves. The colours I choose are whichever happen to fit me in the charity shop...

I lost the will to live and often do with articles like this! I don't follow trends even in my jewellery. If something sells after I've made it it's because it's found the right person to wear it which it will do eventually if not right away. I did buy an on trend lime green summer knit a few years ago and I've worn it twice so I like to think I have my own sense of style and don't want to be told what to wear or what colour

I think I might be stuck in 2013 for quite some time yet. With good reason ...

Colours as in coloured gem stones, are so much a case of personal preference, that I wouldn't take much notice of fashion. But there are trends in style and variations in what is worn in summer or winter.

So to keep your work looking fresh and on trend, it is worth browsing the websites, galleries and craft fairs. Dennis.

Not sure that my customers are trend followers but individuals so that's ok too. I was surprised this year at one of my most loyal customers being drawn to a piece with a couple of her birthstones, it was my least favourite of my collection but she liked it and bought it, can't argue with that.

I have some 20 yr old yarn in that coral colour...

guess I should knit something with it. or I could finish all the current projects in various outdated, unusual colours...

I love clothes, but I have my own unique style.

at the moment, I'm considering setting some beach stones in stirling for rings and pendants. AND I have a LOVELY (this is purely sarcastic, with a touch of hey its really cool..) piece of the Randal Reef that washed up on the beach that might make for an interesting pendant.

it is a very elegant soft black, which of course can go anywhere. like pearls, only different.

I think we naturally somehow drift between colours with the seasons, but I personally reject the notion that these guys choose the colours I should be wearing and liking for the next few months. I buy a colour because I love it that day!