Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flat stones/slices/slabs.

I'ts probably just worth adding that some websites / ebay sellers list the actual item for sale and others list a generic stone item. Personally, I prefer not to take the chance that the natural variation between items in the generic category results in quality that is less than that shown - but that's up to you. Hope you find what you're after.

Thanks for help everyone. I have found a couple of people that can probably help, one in particular, if I can forget the fact that some FB businesses seem to answer messages like they are texting you and don't other with manners, which really bugs me, but their products do look good. I am going to contact someone else today as they are longtime hobbyists and all their profits go to a really good cause and their work looks good standard too. Thanks so much for help.

Sounds mysterious... when you have bought your fill, you will have to let the rest of us in on the secret.

Oh nothing too mysterious But something that is a bit special to me as well as being a new design idea, so I hope it turns out as visualized in that old head of mine. Will share a piccie when done

Might be wrong but think he was meaning share the sellers so that we can all have a look and buy

Um OK, it's gem cutters/lapidarists so certainly nothing mysterious there!

The only ones I can find with that title on FB is a closed group:/ we are always keen to find new suppliers ourselves any excuse to spend money!

Would love to see your finished item (and always interested in new suppliers too)

New World Gems

Pentagon Gem Cutters

I'm not on facebook, but it is always good to have info shared as others will willingly share with you for the good of the forum group.
    Last edited by metalsmith; 27-10-2015 at 04:39 PM.

The closed group is probably the one that a few of us belong too on here, if anyone has any requests then we will be posting it on the fb group for all to see as Peter has done with some of your requests. Once i have made my 5 posts then I will put a link up on the forum where anyone with an interest in lapidary ,gemstones,silversmithing etc are more than welcome to join

This is a link to the lapidary group on FB ; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413911112256201/

James