Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foredom Quick Change Handpiece Q

Thats great thank you! I am trying to decide between the LX and the SR, I was looking at the LX because I am wanting to develop my stone setting and I thought from the descriptions that may be better but I predominantly drill and burr at the moment so I am not sure which would be best!

Quote Originally Posted by Unhindered View Post
    Sorry to jump on your post but can I ask which foredoms you guys have as I am looking at getting one soon and I have no idea!
    I've got three foredom handpieces. The standard quick change one, the adjustable chuck version, and the hammer handpeice for textured work.

Can't envisage needing any more to be honest.

Nick

Which motor do you use with them Nick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Unhindered View Post
    Thats great thank you! I am trying to decide between the LX and the SR, I was looking at the LX because I am wanting to develop my stone setting and I thought from the descriptions that may be better but I predominantly drill and burr at the moment so I am not sure which would be best!
    The SR is the general purpose one that most people use which is 1/6 HP and revs to 18000 rpm. The LX is a high torque unit but has a max speed of 5000rpm so a bit like driving a car in a lower gear. Plenty of pull but all at low speed. My understanding is that this is the best one if you do a lot of work with power gravers or hammer tools but it wont reach the speeds necessary for common operations such as some burr work and polishing. It may pay you to start a separate thread on Foredom motors/ stone setting rather than hand pieces to catch the eye of some of the setting experts. My suspicion is that you would eventually need both if you use a lot of percussive tools. Maybe worth YouTubing too.

Thats great thank you, most people seem to have the SR so I think thats probably what I should go for! I have asked a few times but never get much response