Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: well it's goodby from me.......

Default well it's goodby from me.......

Well friends....I guess this is the last post.....as right out of the blue I was made redundant this morning! bit of a pi**er so say the least, and regrettably I won't be on line any more to answer your multitude of questions.
    I have to say it's been fun, and I hope in my little way I've been able to answer your questions, help you with your hallmarking problems and sort out your queries.

Oh no Steve, that is really bad news. You will be very much missed not just in this forum but by me at least in the big wide world of pearls. Please don't disappear even if you won't be talking hallmarking any more. You have an incredible breadth and depth of knowledge of the jewellery business
    Last edited by pearlescence; 14-10-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Really sorry to hear that Steve, you have been an excellent ambassador for the LAO ass well as a very helpful and knowledgeable contributor. I hope the future works out well for you. It happened to me many years ago (I am now retired) and led to a complete career change which was the best work thing that ever happened to me.
    Take time to consider....
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

that is just the worst news!

You have been fantastic both online and at the office.

Things will be much sadder as a result of the space you leave!

I cannot thank you enough for all you have done for me, and thank you for the knowledge and contributions to here.

you have my deepest admiration and I so hope you find something that brings you back here soon in another way.

Bummer. Our household's been through this more times than I care to remember, and I hope you find your silver lining very quickly.

Hope you'll stay on here, as yourself rather than with an official hat on, as I know we'd all miss you.

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for all the help you've provided in answering hallmarking questions - it's not an entirely cut & dried setup (especially to those of us on the periphery), and your assistance has been utterly invaluable both to the forum and to me personally.

Secondly - being selfish here - given your expertise it'd be fantastic if you were able to chip in from time to time still; I'm sure we ("we" as in I'm volunteering someone else) can sort a preferable username...

Finally - my sympathies. It's a truly shitty thing to have to go through; it's a lot worse when you didn't see it coming.

That's very sad. You've been a good friend to all of us, so thank you and good luck. Dennis.

That is tough for you, Steve, and bad news for us - I've only been active on the forum for quite a short time, but have enjoyed reading your posts and you've helped answer a lot of my awkward questions. I'm glad I had the chance to meet you on Monday. Strangely enough, the exact same thing happened to my brother this same morning - he worked as a financial analyst in a building about 200 yards from Goldsmiths Hall... must be something in the air around there. I wish you all the best wherever you next go - and hope, like others, that you might appear in a new incarnation on the forum.
    Alan

That's terrible news Steve and like everyone else I hope you feel able to contribute in some way once you've got over the shock. I hold no grudges either for the disappointing info about my 'inheritance', someone gave me 30 quid for it

Good luck in whatever comes next

My condolences Steve - we all appreciate your time spent on this forum answering questions and spreading your knowledge. These sort of life surprises are not fun, best of luck.
    - Emily