Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handprint detail?

Default Handprint detail?

Hello again oh wise ones, I'm doing well with making hand foot print pmc jewellery, what I would like to know is how do I get the lines/detail onto the stamp? I've tried making the lines thicker in another programme hoping that they would get picked up when making into the stamp but no joy.
    I am using imagepac and UV light for 10 seconds then turning over for a further 30 seconds but no detail!
    Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ejdavison View Post
    Hello again oh wise ones, I'm doing well with making hand foot print pmc jewellery, what I would like to know is how do I get the lines/detail onto the stamp? I've tried making the lines thicker in another programme hoping that they would get picked up when making into the stamp but no joy.
    I am using imagepac and UV light for 10 seconds then turning over for a further 30 seconds but no detail!
    I'm not sure that I am with you here - are you using a kit?

I found a couple of links that may help http://corrinasmith.blogspot.co.uk/2...-by-green.html
    and http://greenriverstudio.co.uk/blog/h...llery-is-made/

Hope these help (I'm not sure they do!)

So I can make the handprint jewellery fine but my problem is the handprints have no detail inside of them,
    I'm using teresa collins stampmaker to create the stamp to put into the metal clay. I hope I'm making more sense. X

From what I've seen of impression jewellery there never seems to be much detail on the handprints. Perhaps you're expecting too much from the finished product?

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
    From what I've seen of impression jewellery there never seems to be much detail on the handprints. Perhaps you're expecting too much from the finished product?
    If you are happy that you are using everything correctly, then perhaps maybe the image is lacking detail before you even start? If so then pre-process the image digitally to achieve a high level of contrast. Try to achieve the results you are looking for in the graphical image before taking it forwards to imagepac.

Thank you, I am happy with my result I have now but I have seen others with lots of detail and I think it's lovely.
    There's plenty of detail in the negative but when it goes under UV comes out with none of it :-(
    Will attempt to try and make lines a lot more prominent and see how it goes x

Mine is the first one, the second one is with detail that I have pulled from someone's Facebook page x

For what it's worth....I prefer your one