Thread: How to put pictures in your posts!

Question How to put pictures in your posts!

OK! you want to show everyone your work, and the UBB image uploader is... okaaay but it puts your stuff in a thumbnail at the end, and maybe you want to save people a click, or talk about each piece individually, or just generally make it BIG AND EXCITING!

This is how you do it. First, select your image. Let's use Lenna for tradition's sake. this is 200x200 pixels, if possible try to keep your images size below 640x480 pixels so it'll fit on everybody's screen.

then, head to your image hosting site of choice. for this i am using www.tinypic.com because frankly i like it best. All others operate similarly though.

you will see this:

click "choose file" then find the picture you want to upload, select it and click OK. You can put some tags on if you want but i never bother. then hit upload.

it'll chug a bit, and then you'll see this:

click where i have the text highlighted, with the IMG tags, then right click, copy, and paste that line into your message on here and

voila =D i hope this helps, if you need anymore detail let me know!
    Last edited by Dano; 06-09-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: rule clarification

Dano, I've just asked admin a question about this. It's been indicated by the mods that thumbnails are preferred (which I find odd as it's using forum server space).

Remember, anyone using Flickr to host needs to link back correctly in accordance with Flickr's T&Cs.

dang, really? oh well =) it's here if anyone needs it i guess or until a mod deletes it surprised though, i thought cooksons would rather their bandwidth/server space got used as little as possible, it adds up quick

The general feeling is that big pics are okay for those of us who have speedy servers or whatever the technical term is. However, there have been some concerns raised by those with less bandwidth.

I know that in this part of the country some folk still don't have broadband availability! Dano's final image looks okay to me tho - its image size rather than server space that is the issue. The final Dano image would load relatively quickly for most people I should think.

We had a discussion just yesterday evening and I have just opened an admin post that says:

I've set the max file size to 640x480 for jpg images..

Does that help at alll?
    Last edited by Di Sandland; 06-09-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Di x

edited OP accordingly