Thread: Cutting charge (again)

Default Cutting charge (again)

I buy tube. Regularly. Sometimes quite a lot of tube - and usually more than 30cm at a time.

Cookson Gold sell tube. But only in a maximum 30cm length.

Here's the problem.

If I want to buy 20cm of tube, I can do so and there is no cutting charge - despite a cut being made.

However, if I want 60cm of tube I have two choices. I can ask for 60cm, and then I get an email telling me it has to come in two 30cm lengths - I say 'fine', and a cutting charge is applied. My order is delayed because of this correspondence.

Alternatively, I can order two 30cm lengths. I am charged for cutting - despite no cut having been made.

I'm bored with constantly complaining about this one to the poor (and very nice) people on the end of the phone.

Any suggestions?

I've never heard of a cutting charge before, maybe its different because I don't order as long a length but I recently ordered 8 x 40mm of tube, maybe I was charged for cutting and just didn't realise!

I'd check if I were you Charlotte - you were probably charged 50p per cut after the first for that little lot!

Hi
    Thanks for raising this, it is a bit of an anomaly, we'll have a look and see what we can do
    rgds
    Rob