Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
I would like to submit my pendant for this month's Halloween competition. It is a raven sitting on gnarly old branches under the full moon which I created just for the competition. I realised that most of the time I enter the monthly competition I've been trying out new techniques each time in hopes of doing something fantastic and exciting, but with that comes a huge learning curve and it never quite works out the way I'd hoped! I decided this month I'd stick to techniques I've already done before and concentrate on the actual design itself. But even with that plan I ended up learning a few new things anyway...! I think a person can make amazing things even with just knowing simple techniques so I am going to continue practicing them.
I experimented a bit with the raven, first etching detail on one, then engraving another, even creating one in silver clay, but in the end I decided just a simple sillhouette worked best for the design. The moon was done with keum boo using 24ct gold foil. The pendant is approx 2.5cm x 2.5 cm and made of sterling silver sheet.

(I'd like to add, I have broken in my new Sievert torch with this pendant as well as a tumbler and I almost feel like a new woman! It's amazing what a difference having the proper tools makes!)

I'm still pretty rubbish at taking pictures of jewellery but here it is:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ravenpendant01.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	8240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ravenpendant03.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	8242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ravenpendant02.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	8241

Photos look really good to me 😀 what kind of set up do you use? Any special, lights, tents etc also are you using your camera phone or a dslr, I recently bought a macro lens for my dslr but still find I get better shots with my Iphone😁. Guess I need a bit more practice, apparently it's all about the lighting. Great looking pendant and I'd be proud of those shots, very atmospheric 😈🎃