Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition November 2015 - Autumn

Default Theme Competition November 2015 - Autumn

Hello Everyone,

The leaves are falling fast and the weather is definitely getting colder, which must mean Autumn has arrived!

With that in mind, during November the theme for this competition will be AUTUMN - so we want you to share your designs themed around anything that means Autumn to you. Whether that be leaves, deep brown tones or wrapping up warm - the decision is entirely up to you!

The winner will get a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree so make sure you enter this month's competition! Submit your design on this thread by midnight, 30th November to enter.

So get creating, making and entering!

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions:

The closing date for the competition will be at midnight GMT 30.11.15.

The judging will take place on 01.12.15. The following criteria are used to determine the winner: design, the technique used and the overall finish of the piece. The Cooksongold judging panel will make the final decision.

The winner will be announced and notified via the forum by 04.12.15. The winner must redeem their shopping spree using their own Cooksongold account and within 2 months of receiving their winner notification email.

The competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

To enter the competition, simply comment on the relevant forum thread with a photo of your themed design. No correspondence will be entered into.

All designs submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Cooksongold reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification if necessary.

Cooksongold reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.

In submitting your design, you give your permission for Cooksongold to upload your design to Instagram and Pinterest if it is chosen as the winner, and for it to be included in any other marketing or any other promotional material connected with this draw. Copyright for all images submitted for this draw remains with the respective entrants.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules.

Cooksongold reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and to cancel or amend the competition if for any reason we believe it cannot be conducted fairly or in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Imagery is not representative of the exact prize, and is for marketing purposes only. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals. Please note that competitions and promotions featured on this page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

You are providing your information to: Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, United Kingdom.

The information you provide will only be passed to external partners e.g. couriers to enable the awarding of prizes.

No purchase necessary. There is no cash alternative.

These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.

Hi everyone,

Our themed competition for November has now been running for almost a fortnight, and we are excited to receive your 'Autumn' themed entries.

Don't forget to enter - you could be in with a chance of winning a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree!

Good luck!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

ohhh, It isn't easy starting a thread!

this was made using silver, a tourmaline that has been carved into a leaf and some liver of sulphur.

I was struck by the few leaves left after the recent cold and foggy morning. My recently pruned trees already with fewer branches! But, still my garden was aglow with fallen yellow leaves and shining bright in the dull afternoons, at least for a week or so. The last leaf is the last of the autumn fall from the trees and so I made this as a way of reflecting that. The leaf swings to and fro, as if it is thinking of joining in with the rest of it's leafy friends! I could have cast a small twig, but rather like the challenge of all those solder joints!

Attachment 8335

Poor little leaf, just hanging-out there. It hasn't twigged that it's Fall. Dennis.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Poor little leaf, just hanging-out there. It hasn't twigged that it's Fall. Dennis.
    . Thank you Dennis - hehe, that did make me chuckle X

well here goes, after thinking whether I had the skill enough to enter a comp whilst raking leaves up the allotment I decided I would give it a poke.
    it came to be that the leaves from the silver birch tree looked just like amber, so here's my 'silver birch' bracelet. pretty simple, not fancy but it makes me want hot chocolate.

That's beautiful! Are the amber pieces just held loosely within each "cage" formed by the chain links, or are they fixed in some way? One small criticism - I'm no expert on chain making and the overall effect looks great, so a very minor niggle - but my eye is drawn in your second picture to the wire ends, which might be neater if flush cut or sawn...?

Quote Originally Posted by sam.k View Post
    thinking whether I had the skill enough to enter a comp whilst raking leaves up the allotment
    By the way, if you did that whilst raking leaves on your allotment, it's truly skilful - taking multi-tasking to a new level! I'm very bad at multi-tasking, or even prioritising and getting on with individual tasks... I've also been toying with a silver birch related idea, but am so busy ripping out and refitting our kitchen (with 2nd hand units bought for next to nothing on eBay) that I'm struggling to find time again this month.

Nice work!

Alan

There is a piece of .4mm clear wire holding the beads in position, it's not totally necessary however the beads arnt all exactly the same so a few seemed a little loose in the cages, didn't want them falling out.
    I would love to saw my jump rings, however I don't get have a saw lol it's now on my list of tools to buy along with something to form rings on!

Hi everyone,

There's only about a week left to go in November's Autumn themed competition - don't forget to submit your entry Cookies!

Good luck and happy jewellery making!