Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Themed Competition October 2015 - Halloween

*cough* Mokume gane... "Woodgrain metal".

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    *cough* Mokume gane... "Woodgrain metal".
    Lol, thanks Peter. Maybe I should learn how to spell it first before I attempt having a go

Am pretty sure that it is a token entry, but I wanted to make something specific for the competition. I haven't made one of m'spiders for a while so thought it was a suitable time to do it! The chain is free moving (apart from where she is holding it) to give the pendant some motion. It's a lovely prehnite cab I thought was also suitable in its colouring. Spider is made from silver clay for the body and silver wire and swearing for the legs. The pendant is on rubber finished with silver chain and clasp.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151027_171153.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	8273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151027_171204.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	8274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151027_171247.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	8275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151027_171301.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	8276

If that's a token entry, Lydia, it's a pretty cool one! Even in still photos I can see there's real life and movement in your spider and its dangling cab - beautiful. Swearing's a great tool to work with, isn't it? My favourite is "f*ckety p*ss".

I'll have to admit defeat this month, just too many distractions so never got around to making what I had planned. But I think I'd have been outclassed anyway - glad I don't have to judge this one...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    ...I haven't made one of m'spiders for a while so thought it was a suitable time to do it! The chain is free moving (apart from where she is holding it) to give the pendant some motion. It's a lovely prehnite cab I thought was also suitable in its colouring. Spider is made from silver clay for the body and silver wire and swearing for the legs. The pendant is on rubber finished with silver chain and clasp.
    oh I love that ... token entry indeed!

The proportions of the spider are all just right and it's an atmospheric piece, as she draws up the chain to retrieve her wrapped booty.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethejeweller View Post
    Client came in with late mothers gold and wanted a pendant made from it. She wanted an Owl pendant at first as the Owl had a special meaning to them both, we had a brief consultation and went through a few ideas together, and after a few sketches we ended up with this idea, she was also a big fan of Harry Potter so she loved the idea. his turned out to be a labour of love as the amount of time spent on it outweighed what I charged to make it, but I got so into it and could tell it would be something special once finished. I really enjoyed making it and I'm very happy with how it turned out. I especially like the small extra details I added like the hidden Diamond underneath with fancy cut out base rather than just going for a plain disc, I also added a small flower charm and heart key and an opening door. Let's just hope she likes it ��Attachment 8261Attachment 8262Attachment 8263Attachment 8264Attachment 8265T
    This is just incredible!!

Thanks unhindered, I am quite proud of it, nothing to technical, but it was a beautiful looking piece, it has now been picked up by its new owner and she was over the moon with it. ��

Wow......incredible entries this month!!
    Absolutely beautiful design, detail and workmanship Mike!
    Eeeugh.......you've captured that spider a bit too well Lydia,...looks really lifelike Lovely design reaching down to the stone.

Thank you for the kind comments :-) The spiders are a very 'marmite' thing I think! (My mum loves them and has a big one on lapis that she likes to wear to WI meetings to get a reaction :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Thank you for the kind comments :-) The spiders are a very 'marmite' thing I think! (My mum loves them and has a big one on lapis that she likes to wear to WI meetings to get a reaction :-)
    Yes I am afraid of spiders and your piece is realistic enough that it bothers me LOL, phobia aside I think it's great!