Thread: Help needed with silver jewelery assembly.

Default Help needed with silver jewelery assembly.

Hi, hope this is ok to post, but getting desperate !! I have a vast quantity of cameo type stones to set, some are silhouette shapes most are ovals or rectangles etc.. I have someone who can cut the blanks to shape and need an ace solderer who can put everything together for me, making brooches, pendants etc..The items would be in silver.. maybe some in gold.. Any imput would be appreciated.. thanks

Failing a response here, there are two approaches to this:

You can browse the Goldsmiths Company listings http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/libra...search=bespoke

Or you can advertise free on the notice boards, of the major suppliers, Cookson, Walsh, EuroFindings, in their London or Birmingham Showrooms. Dennis

I would suggest specifying how much work there is, what timescales there are and ideally what you're prepared to pay. Those are 3 of the things I'd look for before considering taking on a work package.

Thanks very much,, will see how it goes..

Hi Peter, thanks, well in total there are around 4000 + items which will need mounts making, it is a long term project and I am not in a big hurry, this is not my normal business so I dont have any existing contacts.. In terms of costs I dont know.. I figure there must be a going rate for piece work, I would probably figure on £1-3 per piece if it were soldering on bails, ready made brooch fittings etc.. I would supply all the materials.. I really need to make some contacts so I can set up a system for producing these..

Im not quite following this, do you need a stone setter or somebody to just do the soldering on ready made items?

Hi, thanks, I need someone just to do the soldering, pins and bails to bezels etc.. I will be able to do the mounting..