Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to invisble set small diamonds

I will sort out taking pictures just give me a bit of time to work out best way , I no I should of bought the microscope
    with the camera would have been so easy.

diamondsetting4u.com

I'm not sure of the terminology, but from the description of the method I thought it must be the same as what I know as flush or gypsy setting...

Quote Originally Posted by johnmoto View Post
    I will sort out taking pictures just give me a bit of time to work out best way , I no I should of bought the microscope
    with the camera would have been so easy.
    The cheap USB microscopes are OK (not fantastic, the lens & the resolution aren't anything to shout about) - I use them to show customers what needs fixing with their jewellery. Quicker to set up than bolting the DSLR to the microscope - although there are some eyepiece adapters that are easy to use, I just insist upon using the trinoc.

They are all the same thing, people just give it different names over the years

diamondsetting4u.com

Thanks I will have a look, someone showed me a IPEVO Ziggi-HD High-Definition USB Document Camera (CDVU-04IP)
    I think this will suit better than the usb microscope it has a bigger working distance and high definition
    I could not fault the picture it was good, my friend uses it to take close up pictures of customers work
    So there's no dispute after the repair ie chipped Dias marks in and on stones.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmoto View Post
    Thanks I will have a look, someone showed me a IPEVO Ziggi-HD High-Definition USB Document Camera (CDVU-04IP)
    I think this will suit better than the usb microscope it has a bigger working distance and high definition
    Better resolution, certainly. Similar price region too. And yes, damaged stones is part of the reason for using it... Most of the customers I have I can phone and say the stone is junk before setting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Better resolution, certainly. Similar price region too. And yes, damaged stones is part of the reason for using it... Most of the customers I have I can phone and say the stone is junk before setting it.
    I think I will get this one you can buy an add on magnefying lens for close ups, and me to but always best to have a back up picture when a stone is worth thousands.

At long last I have put a educational video together on how to invisible set diamonds
    Sorry for the wait but had to wait on getting the camera set up , getting xtra parts for it
    It's not a bad picture certainly not bad for the money , so here it is guys have a look tell us what you think.

http://youtu.be/1RVZvnyo2wM

diamondsetting4u.com
    Last edited by johnmoto; 03-11-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Not bad at all for a first video
    Might have to look into that myself, the camera certainly has potential & no doubt you`ll improve the videos abit as you go...

Good start!

Thats great, thanks for sharing!
    Can see exactly what shape tools you are using now.