Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Milton Keynes

Default Hello from Milton Keynes

Hi, I have been working with fine silver for about 18 months. Mainly clay, but have tried my hand at fusing wire and sheet. I have managed to make lovely plain bands this way, but prefer the freedom of clay.

I'm now trying out bronze clay as it's more cost effective for playing and creating!

Hullo Milton,
    Welcome to the forum. I've been wanting to try out some of the silver PMC clay to experiment but it feels like that requires a whole new set of tools .. The list never ends!
    Audrey

Welcome Milton...I am brand new to the forum as well! I would love to see some of your work...I have not had a chance to work with fine silver myself...just sterling. I am interested to know the difference in workability between the 2.

Rock Shelley
    www.rockshelley.com

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

I think you will find Milton Keynes is where the poster comes from (a town in England) not his/her name.
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Maybe we could all just be known by our home town/city/village from now on... For me it's the first line of Moby Dick (but sainted).
    Welcome to Milton - or perhaps you'd prefer Keynes? - would love to see some of your work.

Close by is the little hamlet of John Maynard Keynes, populated almost entirely by people who run up debt they can't afford.

Unusual degree of levity from the super moderator. I hope at least you are keeping a straight face. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    Maybe we could all just be known by our home town/city/village from now on... For me it's the first line of Moby Dick (but sainted).
    Welcome to Milton - or perhaps you'd prefer Keynes? - would love to see some of your work.
    I would challenge everyone to be able to pronounce Auchtermuchty properly in that case

I see your Auchtermuchty and raise you one Milngavie.
    The English (ish) language is a sod...

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I see your Auchtermuchty and raise you one Milngavie.
    The English (ish) language is a sod...
    That's easy for me Is that where you were born, that's very posh and has to be said with a certain Morningside / Kelvingrove accent
    Last edited by CJ57; 19-09-2015 at 04:40 PM.