Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soldering bezel to reticulated surface

the max flame torch Cookies sell is more than capable of the job for 1mm thick silver too (as long as you're not trying to reticulate an enooooooormous piece) - and easier to control.

I am inclined to get a refillable torch as I found the go system quite bulky in the hand. So would the max torch and/or the dremel versaflame be an upgrade in power and heat from the micro torch sold with the cookson soldering kit??

The max torch is an upgrade to the micro torch; I have both. No idea about the Dremel versaflame.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
    The max torch is an upgrade to the micro torch; I have both. No idea about the Dremel versaflame.
    I have a versaflame which is pretty good for soldering small pieces. The flame is ok for most, but is not 'needle'. The piezo ignition on mine 'went' pretty quickly so I need a source to light it from - type 1 candle. When freshly filled it is (sometimes a little too) good; it has a reasonable working time before depleting, is quite quick to cool and comes with a handy little stand. I managed to melt a small amount of copper with it and silver soldering on e.g. bezels is no problem. Hope this helps.