Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A walk in the countryside - plus wasps & cattle

Exclamation A walk in the countryside - plus wasps & cattle

My OH and I went for a walk to the highest point in Shropshire, Brown Clee Hill. It was a spectular view and wonderful walk, except for two things... one was some very unpredictable cattle, so a change of direction became a necessity and the 2nd was I got stung on my head by a !!xx! wasp! I don't get a good reaction to wasps and have woken up today feeling like I've had a 'session' with Frank Bruno, with pains all down the left side of my head and neck Its the only time my OH said he's glad he's got less hair now than he used to, cos at least he won't get a wasp stuck in his hair, like I regularly do.

We met a nice couple living on the route back to the car & they gave us a lovely cup of tea and dropped us off at our car, cos I was feeling a bit worse for wear by that time. Ahhh, there are such kind freindly hospitable people out there arn't there!

Jules x

Oh no! Horrid wasp!

Hope you feel better soon!

You poor thing Jules Hope it eases up quickly.

What is the point of wasps?

ouch Jules - you have my sympathy as I tend to react to wasp stings in a swollen and painful way as well. The little b******s are a bit vicious at this time of year!! I hope you can find some relief from them today and they start to go down
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Poor you. Hope you're feeling better today.

Ooh, hope you're feeling much better.

Many years ago (the M1 had just opened, that's how long ago!) I was in the car with my dad and a wasp got caught in my (very thick) hair. Motorway driving was a new art and my dad was scared to take his eyes from the road and the hard shoulder wouldn't have entered his head. It must have stung me at least a dozen times - the left side of my face dropped and it was very scary.

Luckily, I am not overly sensitive (to wasp stings at least).
    Di x

You also have my sympathy, i got stung on the neck 2wks ago and i still have a mark (nasty buggers) xx

A quick post here, as dinner is already on the go - Aw thanks guys, it was really a post to say why I haden't been around much... I do feel a bit better now and at least the lump on my neck has gone down! Probably wont colour m y hair for a few days, in case that irritates the bite! ha ha

One of my OH's previous customers had an allergy to bees and had to go in the garden with the full bee suit on, otherwise they'd be dead ! how bad is that, and they loved their garden too. such a shame. I feel lucky not to have a really bad reaction, though the offending wasp is definitely dead, squished by my OH!

Love
    Jules x

Poor Jules. I got stung when I was out playing as a little girl but I didn't know what it was -and no one knew what was wrong with me because they couldn't see any marks through my hair. It's one of those traumatic moments that I have never forgotten and I can still remember the pain.

We are so quick to think that everybody 'out there' is out to get us or do us wrong somehow so it is lovely to hear that you found some really nice people to help you.

Hope you feel better soon! .....Perhaps I had better not sign off as 'Bee' this time!!

lmao Jay. sorry to hear about your sting Jules. My onlybad experience was when a wasp dared to climb down my cleavage in an exam, i didnt realise it was a wasp and thought i had an itch but when i scratched it the bloody thing stung me in a kind of line going right between me boobs, and i couldnt say a word
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away