Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed with 925 stamping

cufflinks are two individual items. Treat as two items not as one pair. It's not their combined weight, but their individual weight as each cufflink will get a hallmark. The same goes for earrings.
    Last edited by SteveLAO; 21-09-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks Steve. You are wonderful and have helped me a lot today. Eagerly awaiting my packages back from your London Assay Office now. Thank you :-)

my pleasure

Hi Steve

Just to clarify - assuming the two charms in the example above were each on their own jump ring, both running freely on the chain and easily removable, would they therefore count as three separate pieces and therefore not need to be hallmarked, even if being sold as a single necklace? I have always thought this to be the case but have read so much conflicting opinion am now confused, just want to make sure we are hallmarking everything we should be!

Thanks

Melanie

If the charms are free running, each on their own jump ring, and can easily be removed from the chain by simply sliding them off, then what you have are three separate items - the chain, and two charms. Each will then be treated separately.