Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cookson Marketing Team Need Help

Default Cookson Marketing Team Need Help

So a short while ago Cookson had a 10% of everything promotion (excluding precious metal products, etc.) followed by a 15% off everything. Hours after the 15% off everything promotion expired I get an email about a "secret" discount offer. Mine was a whopping 5% off everything (usual blah, blah applies).

Really now. The point of promotions is to make people happy and buy, isn't it? And there was me thinking that the "secret" was an even better offer than 15% ... like 20% of tools or consumables or finding or gosh, anything better than a 1/3 of your last offer.

With respect, someone needs to brush up on the basics of marketing.

My 'secret' was a freepost. Which is utterly worthless to me as I never, ever use them because it inevitably means a three day wait and hopeless courier company...

I agree, the endless offers and promotions are getting very tiresome. As is the relentless pushing of 'craft' supplies. I'd rather have a website with a decent search function...

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I never got anything.

Would prefer good promotion of smithing tools and sorting out the search function too!

Misread "smiting tools". Ach, same difference.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Misread "smiting tools". Ach, same difference.
    haha totally!

I got 5% discount but that always excludes precious metal based products so what good is that to us. TBF when I've ordered freepost recently it has arrived the next day. I think if comes by courier that's more likely.
    Still waiting on a reply to the email I then had to send to Durston on Wed:/

I have to say that I love Cooksons, far prefer them to other companies Ive used.
    Nobody is perfect

I agree - It was a bit disappointing after the previous 15%

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I have to say that I love Cooksons, far prefer them to other companies Ive used.
    Nobody is perfect
    True, but it's Cookson's marketing that seems to have grown out of control. Less is more comes to mind. So does quality over quantity.

I agree that I did smile a bit at the 5% but Cooksons have always been very fair to me.