Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cookson Marketing Team Need Help

I think you can opt out of the email promotions. Given that precious metals are seldom discounted it could de-clutter one's mailbox

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    I think you can opt out of the email promotions. Given that precious metals are seldom discounted it could de-clutter one's mailbox
    This is another case for a like button. The only time it's worth getting a reminder is if they have a discount on tools and Freepost which I took advantage off last week:/

I'd love a substantial discount promo on high value tools instead of consumables tbh.

Another company that I sometimes use that I wont name for obvious reasons, actually gave me a huge discount on an expensive piece of equipment when I simply emailed them to say that a competitor ( albeit a dubious one at times ) was selling for over £100 less.

"No problem, you're a regular customer so we're happy to match the price and throw in free delivery too" was the response I got from this supplier.

I too love using Cooksons for certain supplies, but perhaps they need to vary their marketing a little from time to time in order to cater for crafts people, jewellers, and those looking to spend lots of money.

Cheers,

Nick

On the discounting on precious metals - or lack thereof - the metals are subject to daily fluctuations due to the market, while tools and the like are not (they're often subject to currency fluctuations, but they're bought & sold on a much longer cycle).

The impression given by any company which has too many sales is that their pricing is all over the place, possibly not reasonable in the first place (else why would they be able to afford all those discounts?) or they need some cash flow
    Think sofa companies
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Craghoppers & SimplyLED are 2 that I use where I won't buy the products unless there's a decent discount - and I never have to wait all that long for the next one to come along. Very damaging to the brand; the real price subjectively becomes the discounted price and full price is artificially padded.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    This is another case for a like button. The only time it's worth getting a reminder is if they have a discount on tools and Freepost which I took advantage off last week:/
    I'll post here next time I put in an order. It is a sure fire way of guaranteeing a freepost offer two to three days later.