Thread: Suttons

Default Suttons

Received an email a couple of days ago saying that Betts Metals have taken over Suttons tools, that makes a big company. I haven't actually used Betts in the past so no idea what this will be like. Didn't even know Betts have a forum:/

I saw that, I hope they don't merge the websites as I can't stand Betts new site but do use Suttons occasionally!

Like you Sarah I use Suttons occasionally, I must have registered with Betts but I think their silver seems expensive

Suttons were in their time an innovative company. Each year they pioneered and showed something new at IJL. In recent years it included Delft clay casting , the Bench Mate System and the Knew Concept saw, which were demonstrated on their stand.

Sadly a bullion dealer is not ideally placed to take them over. This happened to the late lamented Blundells of Wardour Street who's name now only survives as a place for buying scrap....What a waste. Dennis.

I agree Dennis. Blundells was where I bought my silver and findings when I first graduated. Their catalogue consisted of a glossy folder with photocopied price list. They were always helpful and on my first strip down to London to buy my tools, I visited Coopers for tools and Blundells and was taken by its old fashioned counters and friendliness. I miss that sort of business. We had a shop in Ediburgh with men in brown overalls behind the counters who treated us girls as if we knew nothing, it no longer exists either. I must be getting old :/

I buy from Betts from time to time. They often have stuff that cookies doesn't carry. I've found them to be good to deal with for the most part. Agree about the website though, it sucks!

Suttons have gave me excellent service and prices, and I for one hope the merger doesnt impact on this in any way ( unless it strives to improve further! )

They are also the importer and distributor for the Lampert PUK welding machines I believe? Something I keep eyeing up enviously!

Nick

I'd agree about Suttons; they are fab and their customer service is excellent. I took back my Knew Concept saw I'd been having problems with and they had a look at it and replaced one of the end fixings. I can now use it and am a happy bunny! I've always been really happy with Betts. A good selection of stock and again, really helpful staff, so hope that continues when they merge.
    Jules

Ive never had a problem with Betts either, always found them very helpful.
    I just *really* don't like their new website...