Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oak drawers….

Default Oak drawers….

My husband just finished making these for my birthday!
    All solid oak, 1 metre wide, its so lovely to have somewhere to store everything properly, now I just have to persuade him to make me a matching cupboard for the tall things
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oakdrawers.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	8131

Wow! Any chance you could send him round here for a week or so? I've just bought a nasty little unit in a charity shop...
    Alan

Well he would happily make to order but we are based in France …
    I nearly bought some cheap ones ages ago but knew I would find them annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    My husband just finished making these for my birthday!
    All solid oak, 1 metre wide, its so lovely to have somewhere to store everything properly, now I just have to persuade him to make me a matching cupboard for the tall things
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oakdrawers.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	8131
    Looks very nice. It's reclaimed oak, presumably? Did your husband use mortise and tenon joints for the carcase and dovetails for the drawers? If so, it must have taken him a seriously long time.
    Last edited by Aurarius; 12-09-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Yes all reclaimed oak and proper joints
    It did take quite a while, the top is also oak made in a butchers block style with 1" thick narrow strips.
    He made me the desk too although that was originally made for my painting so never had a cut-out area and I actually prefer it without.

They look lovely My OH made me a lovely oak unit for the kitchen all properly jointed. It took him longer to set up the tool for cutting joints than it took to make but he worked it out in the end!

Beautiful job that. Dennis.

Wow - I don't covet the drawers, I covet the husband!! Mine can do pretty much anything he turns his hand to, but the will seems to be missing...

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Wow - I don't covet the drawers, I covet the husband!! Mine can do pretty much anything he turns his hand to, but the will seems to be missing...
    I'll have yours George, mine can turn his hand to anything too and I'd just like some peace in the house

Thanks folks!
    Lol George! I have similar issues with mine unless its something he's motivated to do which is usually something seriously geeky