Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oak drawers….

Those look great! Suggested to my OH he may like to take up woodwork (aka home improvement) as a hobby once he retires and he's decided to postpone retirement .... .

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Thanks folks!
    Lol George! I have similar issues with mine unless its something he's motivated to do which is usually something seriously geeky
    Yes, know that feeling. Mines geeky too, nothing in the house getrs done unless I do it, but if someone mentions that their computer is playing up before I know it there are bits all around our "playroom". Washing machine playing up, get the engineer!!!!!!

What a lucky lady Sarah, those drawers look fab,......get him working on the cupboard whilst he still has momentum

loving your drawers (does that sound a little odd, or is it just me)!, anyway, they look great. I'm so jealous of all you people with really handy husbands, my husband is a really wonderful man, with many talents, but not handy in the slightest, in fact when we were first married (a long time ago), I would get so annoyed with him as I thought he was being rubbish at any kind of diy on purpose! (Haha). I think that was because my lovely Dad (who sadly died last year) was really handy and could turn his hand to anything, I just assumed it was a man thing and all men could do it - silly girl! Luckily, when I needed a workbench I asked a nice chap who had installed kitchen units for us, and he cannibalized a big old wooden desk for me, so Ive joined the ranks of frankenbench owners!
    Sue

Lol! Susie, tell him thats cheating!
    Pat, its all in the training, you need to work harder at it
    We ran out of oak atm Tabby so he has an excuse until we find some more, we actually have a whole forest here and regularly get trees down in storms but it takes sooooooo long to season oak
    Sue, at least he is good at other things