Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hi there! My name is Jonathan Ellis and I've just come back from a year spent in America. While I was there I had the chance to learn the basics of silver fabrication from a jeweller local to the area I was in.

Sadly now I no longer have access to the tools and space that was previously available to me so my forays into metal working will have to be put on hold until I can buy my own tools or gain access to another workshop.

Still I want to try and be in the community so I thought I might join these forums and see where it takes me.

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the forum. It's sad that your interest has been curtailed for now, hopefully this will keep you ticking along until you get back into it!

Hi JJ and welcome to the forum. You don't need much space, so how about setting up at home. Then show us in Show&Tell. Dennis.

Hi from me too. Both my daughter and I have workshops in our spare bedrooms.

So I'm heading back to university this year to get a Masters, so I won't have a spare room to turn into a workshop, or the money to get the tools I need. I do have some wore tools that I might play with this year but that's about it.