Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ijl

I was desperate to go. Looking to see if I can find "back ups" for my stone setter and hand engraver to cover holidays / sickness / busy times, but I just lost my childcare & don't think my gaggle of little people would be very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    I'm off to Hong Kong to the international jewellery show there (which makes the London show look like a local craft fair - sorry!)
    Atelier Munsteiner are exhibiting there... If you're allowed to take any photos, I'd love to see their stand!

Do you know their stand number? Are they at the airport or Wan Chai? If the latter then I won't because I'm leaving before part two of the show (mostly finished stuff at the second venue , on Hong Kong island) starts.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

8E13 - but other than that, no idea.
    I suspect it's one of those shows you could spend a week at and not see everything. IJL I'm usually done in 4 hours.

Make that a month? Did I mention I'll take my pedometer?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Did I mention I'll take my pedometer?
    You'll have to report back. Which is going to be the bigger figure - air miles or foot miles?

So... No AOL, no Sutton Tools and now no Ward gems, just as highlights of those missing. It's starting to look as though the show is much more suited to full-on retailers than small jewellers.

Not much new in the CAD/CAM market; one company had the new Autodesk printer on display. The group I was considering buying the Envisiontec printer from had nothing new; didn't see anyone with the Projet 1200 (which was fairly prevalent last year). Was surprised to learn the GIA is doing CAD & bench jewellery courses. The 2 gemstone stalls I saw were mobbed, but I didn't see anything desperately exciting (quite liked the ammolite, but wasn't keen on the plasticy feel of the resin capping it).

Still, did some good networking (not all that I'd hoped - sorry Joe!), picked up some bits I needed from Jura and ordered a wax injector from H S Walsh.

We didn't have a stand this year mainly due to the silly costs involved compared to the return on the investment. We were on site every day though, and find that we do far more business and speak to far more people by walking the aisles and getting onto their stands than we ever would by forking out for a stand and hoping people come to see us. We were kitted out in corporate shirts so hopefully we're easy to spot as we walk around!
    A more pro-active approach in marketing speak!

We booked train tickets last night to come up to Goldsmith Fair 2nd week. Travelling up on Monday 28th, probably doing show and Assay on Tuesday and visiting Hatton garden on Wed to stock up. Then back home late Wed afternoon. Yippee can't wait.

We have a "mini assay office" set up at the fair with a marking bench and testing equipment giving demonstrations to all those who are interested. Come along and see us!!