I'd like to get better at the stone setting I can do a decent-ish job of (bezel & tube). I can *sort of* flush set, but am as likely to make a failure as a success despite a fair amount of playing with it - which is what's spurring on this hunt for a course. And I will quite happily learn more - claw settings have always daunted me and maybe they should not. So I think a stone-setting course would be a good plan - both for firming up my existing skills and picking up more. And since I'm mostly self-taught I reckon that some time in a more formal session could be good for me anyway. I'm sure I have loads of bad habits and this might help me weed them out.

I'd prefer a longer course - going away and having a bash at new methods between sessions appeals more than an intensive two or three days - and in that case it'd need to be London or west-ish-Kent (and public transport accessible).

I'm looking at this one: http://www.citylit.ac.uk/courses/art...-stone-setting - does anyone have any experience of that, good or bad? Or know of anywhere else I should be looking? CSM have a similar-sounding course at twice the cost, and I can't find anywhere else in London that's not either 'meet a bezel' or aimed at a higher skillset that I think I have. Or are there are advantages to a shorter, more-intensive course that I might not have thought about?

Thanks!