Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long should a hallmarking packet normally take?

Default How long should a hallmarking packet normally take?

I sent my packet off to the London assay office and it arrived on Monday morning at just after 9am. On Tuesday it was showing up as having a 'pass' result. I've been checking every day but it's still not been marked and therefore not ready for me to pay for. I'm getting a bit anxious now as I really need it back by next week as I have a two day event next weekend and some bits in the packet still need polishing etc. Should I give them a ring? Or is it unlikely there will be anything they can do? I am kicking myself now as I was in two minds whether to pay the extra for Early Hall, but the thrifty part of me told me there was no need!

give me the packet details and your a/c number via pm and ill find out all about it for you...don't worry 3 - 5 working days is typical....

3-5 working days. Add in the time for the post and you're up to around 7 working days; this Monday is a bank holiday of course. I usually budget for 2 weeks (10 working days or thereabouts), more close to Christmas.

Claire...if you are who I think you are it's all ready...you just need to pay for it! Arrived 24/8, assayed 25/8, marked 27/8,

It is me, thank you! I did check this morning, but possibly too early Phew! I had forgotten about the bank holiday though. Out of interest, how long would you allow near to Christmas?

We can handle pretty much anything usually within 3-5 working days, but in the busier times (Oct - Dec) it's certainly more like 5 and less like 3 !! Occasionally we go over the 5 day, so if you do need it for a specific time, it's always best just to give us a call or message me to find out the current lead times and we can advise you then.
    Historically we went way over 5 days, but with new procedures implemented, different ways of processing & charging, and different staff configuration we're hopeful we can keep the turnaround times down this year!
    Glad your current packet is all under control!

Fab, thank you

Hi Steve, we may come up and visit, we arent going to IJL this year but there is another show that we are coming up to I think, funds allowing. Sam's cat got run over the other day and the vet fees are in the thousands, last check was £1500 and that was about a week ago, he broke his bottom jaw and had to have it wired together, so he has been in hospital for nearly two weeks. Anyway if we come up, we will bring up our stuff to hallmark and come and say hello.

please do...let me know the day so that I'll be here! Maybe you want to come to the Goldsmiths' Fair?

Not sure which one I will ask Sam. It is our plan at the moment, to come up and stay overnight or maybe two nights depending on how the cat cash works out.