Thread: Hi there!

Default Hi there!

Hello! I've been lurking here a while - I should introduce myself properly.

I've been playing with silver on and off for - gosh - about twenty years, and am about to try selling some bits and pieces. I'm focusing on shawl pins and stitch markers and other knitterly things for the moment. (I need SOME focus, or I'm otherwise off chasing the next new idea every few minutes.)

I'm a web developer, so I'm hoping that freelance developing will pay the bills, and the silverwork can try to pay for itself to start off with. I'll see how it goes....

Hi Marna and welcome!! Sounds like interesting times ahead for you, good luck with it all and look forward to seeing some of your work

Hi Marna, welcome from me too. It's good to get a focus and start of with a few ideas, will be interested to see them

Hi Marna. You probably know that knitting needles make good standard mandrels for jump rings. My picture shows something else vaguely related.

We look forward to seeing your work. Welcome to the forum, Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ct Tape With Clasp.jpg  

Knitting needles also make very good pins for shawls, never thought about making silver ones for the crocheted wraps that I make, always use Polymer clay.

Hello! Thank you for the lovely welcomes. I've had the tumbler rumbling away (too noisily!) all evening, so hopefully I'll be setting some cabs tomorrow, and can post you some pictures then. (although there's so much lovely stuff posted here that I'm a bit nervous about my simple designs)

Dennis - that's so lovely! I'm tempted to try trading in my tiger-face tape for something silver now.

Pat - my knitting needles are all circular ones, which don't work so well as shawl pins, but I am quite often found with a pencil or paintbrush holding a shawl closed or my hair up.