Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement stones for Tanzanite

Wards have the pics come up when you click on the individual item now rather than the list- not all stones have a photo yet but a lot do.
    Its easy to get a trade account BTW Pat, you shouldn't have any problems.

Re the original post, as has been said its possible you are wearing the ring inappropriately?
    If you are tough on your hands then pretty much nothing other than flush set diamonds will last forever and Ive even managed to lose one of those out of my wedding ring although it did last 9 years.
    Most rings with stones are meant to be worn gently not for doing rough work.

Thank you for all the comments. I don't think I'm being overly rough with the ring. I work in an office during the week and I took the ring off when doing anything like gardening or washing up.

Could it be from just washing my hands after using the bathroom? Would the water affect the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Conventional claw settings are not that resistant and doing household chores, gardening or mucking out will soon loosen stones.

Our much missed Murano Silver once wrote: 'You can love your ring to death'. She meant by never taking it off and that still chimes with me. Dennis.
    I miss her too Dennis. She's still around on Facebook but doesn't seem to make jewellery any more.

My claw set engagement ring has survived 40 years and is still just as good as the day it was bought. I wore it every day when I worked in an office. Now it just gets worn on high days and holidays.

Water shouldn't have any effect on the settings.
    It shouldn't be losing stones with the wear that you describe, perhaps have it checked over by a professional?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Water shouldn't have any effect on the settings.
    It shouldn't be losing stones with the wear that you describe, perhaps have it checked over by a professional?
    I think that's a good idea. It was a gift and when I lost the first stone I asked the friend who bought if for me if she could take it back to the original shop to get it fixed. She said she did and that there was nothing they could do. I found this a bit suspicious but didn't press as it was a gift.