Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparing an item for hallmarking

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    Thanks, Jules - I haven't actually registered yet for hallmarking, but am trying to get everything clear in my mind while building up a bit of a stockpile before actually registering and sending off my first batch. I'm on a pretty tight budget at present, so want to make sure I don't make any mistakes that would lead to unnecessary extra costs. I will be using the London Office, so am finding it very useful having SteveLAO posting here!
    Alan
    You're welcome Alan.

I'd also mention that you can have things 'struck' lightly, for those more delicate items, without the extra expense of having something laser marked. All you have to do is write on the hallmark note that you would like an item to be 'struck lightly'. They will always ring if unsure anyway, but I didn't realise you could have that service until after I'd had my lasermark registered.
    Jules

I think London now have just a single flat rate whether struck or lasered...?

Yes we do, same charge for laser or struck.
    Ajda - if it would help and you're in the neighbourhood, you'd be very welcome to look in and I can show you round, help you with any last questions and sort our registrations and so on. Also a chance to have a look at the product and advice you regarding marking type and positioning?

Thanks again Steve. I think most of my questions have been answered for now... I read on your website 3-5 days standard turnaround - is that the norm for items delivered and collected in person? I was planning to register online, but might try to follow up with a visit, bringing my first batch of items in person. I live 250 miles away, but my brother has recently bought a canal boat in London as his weekday pad (lives otherwise in Dublin) so I'm hoping I might book myself a cabin for a few days.
    Alan

yes 3-5 working days is a typical turnaround from the date we receive them...and part of your registration is a tour so we can work that out when you like....