I have been lucky to have my third ever gold ring commission and this one had an usual remit.

It needed: to be an eternity ring, be in white gold, have a wave look to it, include emeralds and diamonds, could be worn every day, even at 80, not look like a ring that has been done by a machine, and not have channel or claw setting. I love flush settings, but know the ring will have many knocks and Emeralds are not really forgiving.

my answer was a waved shape with opposite sets of diamond/ emeralds. On the inner curve, the stones would gather, like a crashing wave and on the top of the ring, more spaced out, like floating on a surf. There are little beads to either end to draw the piece with a start and finish point. Abstract is something I am okay with.

this is what I came up with - this photo is before the final finish and tidy up of the settings. It needed going off for posting for the assay office and I had to get it done before the last collection. (Again it was on FB, but appreciate some peeps do not visit over there)

Attachment 8038