Thread: another gold commission

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default another gold commission

I have been lucky to have my third ever gold ring commission and this one had an usual remit.

It needed: to be an eternity ring, be in white gold, have a wave look to it, include emeralds and diamonds, could be worn every day, even at 80, not look like a ring that has been done by a machine, and not have channel or claw setting. I love flush settings, but know the ring will have many knocks and Emeralds are not really forgiving.

my answer was a waved shape with opposite sets of diamond/ emeralds. On the inner curve, the stones would gather, like a crashing wave and on the top of the ring, more spaced out, like floating on a surf. There are little beads to either end to draw the piece with a start and finish point. Abstract is something I am okay with.

this is what I came up with - this photo is before the final finish and tidy up of the settings. It needed going off for posting for the assay office and I had to get it done before the last collection. (Again it was on FB, but appreciate some peeps do not visit over there)

Attachment 8038

Wallace that is beautiful, similar shape to mine, but mine was a high street one and the diamonds are channel set.

Great design and execution! And, yes, I'm one who doesn't do FB, so I appreciate you posting here.
    Alan

Lovely Wallace. Your work is so good.
    Pleased you are doing well, you deserve it.

Lovely ring Wallace. Tube setting is my favourite.

Beautiful ring Wallace and I especially love how you have interpreted the brief.
    Jules