Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GRS Benchmate

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

dop stick in my case is drop stick!

GRS every time, but now I have the little one that sits in a dedicated area for stone setting. My bench mate and I haven't fallen out, it is really good for holding small things I need to file.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    I dont use my benchpeg much either. I think that it was probably because when I went to the 10 week college course, they didnt have a benchpeg, you just worked on your desk, so I didnt have one to make stuff with. When I set up first I didnt have one, so got used to not using one from the start.
    What do you use for piercing Pat?

I have 2 bench pegs, for some reason sometimes I find it easier to work on the one on the left edge of the curve. I couldn't imagine how I'd work without one

I do absolutely everything on my bench peg. Couldn't manage without it.

Thank you all, I managed to buy the one on Facebook so looking forward to trying it out! It did go a little higher than I'd hoped but at least I don't have to wait an age for one from US!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sallydavies276 View Post
    Thank you all, I managed to buy the one on Facebook so looking forward to trying it out! It did go a little higher than I'd hoped but at least I don't have to wait an age for one from US!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would you have to get one from the US? They're available here from GRS stockists.
    Last edited by Aurarius; 16-08-2015 at 11:24 PM.

The cost!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mr bond do you mind me asking what scope and stand set up you use? Thanks mike

I have an elderly Nikon SMZ10 scope mounted on an articulated stand the origin of which I can't remember. Might have been an Amscope?
    Ideally, I'd like the scope on a separate bench with a fixed boom stand, but that'll have to wait.

Carole, I use it then, but tend to hold things in pliers to cut wire etc, and sheet I snip with cutters then file smooth after. My piercing is rubbish, break blades for a pastime. I think it may be something to do with not having a left eye, so everything is not quite straight and of course it puts the blade under undue tension. Try closing one eye and see what I mean.