Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watch repairs

On the other hand I have found that many galleries don't seem to know what to do with jewellery. Some think it can be treated the same way as a painting which is hung on a wall and it sells itself. In reality much of it is stuck in a cabinet, displayed badly, often not well lit or cleaned when it needs a bit more effort.
    I was in a newly refurbished gallery yesterday and they had chosen to stick their jewellery cabinets on walls in dark corners instead of out there with the chainsaw cut slab of wood on a plinth in the middle of the gallery floor selling for thousands :/

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    On the other hand I have found that many galleries don't seem to know what to do with jewellery. Some think it can be treated the same way as a painting which is hung on a wall and it sells itself. In reality much of it is stuck in a cabinet, displayed badly, often not well lit or cleaned when it needs a bit more effort.
    Yes... In return, the gallery needs to do its part (and listen when told they're not displaying stuff well). Mind you, the gallery cleaning pieces can go awry too - had one of my (commercial) chains break during a cleaning session. Irksome, but quick to fix.

It's commonplace I've found not to undercut prices amongst galleries or online.
    That said, I've found at fairs there is more flexibility.